Wednesday 7 April 2010

Bologna 2010


At the end of March the annual Bologna Children's Book Fair took place in Bologna of all places. To quote wikipedia's description of the fair "It is the meeting place for all professionals involved with creating and publishing children's books, and is mainly used for the buying and selling of rights, both for translations and for derived products like movies or animated series". While I wasn't able to attend myself, this was the first year that some of my work was over there. One place it could be found was on the cover for Scholastic's 2010 rights guide.

The illustration on the cover is taken from 'Super Amazing Mazes', a book I'm working on at the moment with Scholastic, which was amongst all of the other tops things inside the catalogue. They even let me do the lettering. I was really honored that my work was chosen for the cover, and It was lovely to see the finished catalogue. It was really nicely printed, with a glossy varnish used on the bear and the ground, which looks particulary swish.

Today my agents sent me an exert from industry magazine The Bookseller's coverage of Bologna 2010 which even mentions my book! Im very excited to have gotten a mention! Click the pic below to take a closer peak.



4 comments:

Paul Shinn said...

Wow! Well done Mister Flintham! This is indeed very good news!

Rachael Smith said...

you are awesome sauce. xxx

elizabeth barnett said...

wow. you have been busy. what a wonderful oportunity. go you!!

Joe Beale said...

Good stuff, Tom! I love the bear illustration a LOT! You are very talented indeed.

Cheers for commenting on my blog btw, helped cheer me up! See you soon...